Hi readers, welcome to my blog!
Lately, I have done a lot of research for both chemical and mineral sunscreen products and their effects. So I thought it would be nice to share what I’ve found so far and share some ideas with you, HOW TO PICK A GOOD SUNSCREEN?
The ultimate decision about whether to buy a chemical or a mineral sunscreen and about which brand to buy is up to the individual. I urge people to consider coral reef safety when choosing a sunscreen, however.
While sunscreen can protect from sunburns, skin cancer and premature aging, new research revealed that a Oxybenzone chemical in many formulas can contribute to the destruction of coral reefs.
Here is my personal tip for you to pick a good sunscreen:
1. Avoid Oxybenzone
2. Read your ingredients and choose a mineral based ingredients
3. Have a range of SPF 30 or higher
4. No sprays
5. Unscented or use essential oils for scent
6. Look for “broad spectrum” on the label that provide UVA and UVB
7. No sunscreen is waterproof or sweatproof.
REMEMBER. to reapply every two hours.
NOW, I’D LIKE TO SHARE . .
The list of my favorite sunscreen brands. I’ve included the links on where to find these brands online for your use. Here are the lists:
- Badger – Certified organic, several different SPFs and option for kids, babies and active people, unscented available
- Thinkbaby/Thinksport – Great for athletes, kids and adults for prolonged exposure in sun.
- Raw Elements – The first organic, non-GMO certified sunscreen.
- Sunology – Options for kids, face and body Protection.
- California Baby – Formulated for sensitive skin, SPF 18-30 (Target carries this brand)
* Please avoid skincare products from Coppertone, Hawaiian Tropic, L’oreal Paris, Banana Boat.
(Oxybenzone Free campaign aims to raise awareness of the damaging effects of oxybenzone sunscreens, to reduce Oxybenzone pollution and keep our corals alive. Show us your support on our Twitter and Facebook)